I am very pleased to offer the Mary Rohrscheib Teaching Scholarship, in loving memory of my grandmother, who was a devoted third and fourth grade teacher.
The scholarship is offered to celebrate great teachers in Central Illinois and to encourage our next generation of teachers.
Each year, two students will be selected to each receive this $1,000 scholarship award.
To be awarded the Mary Rohrscheib Teaching Scholarship, students must meet the following criteria:
(1) graduating from or a graduate of a high school in Macon, Dewitt, Logan, or McLean County,
(2) majoring in or planning to major in education,
(3) minimum GPA of 3.4/4.0 GPA (4.25/5.0 GPA), and,
(4) enrollment in or acceptance into an academic program at a two-year or four-year college or university.
To be considered, an application must include:
1) a resume,
2) a recent transcript to confirm GPA,
3)A 750-1,000 word essay about the impact of a special teacher and the lessons the student will carry forward throughout their own career in education. By submitting an essay, applicants agree to allow the use of their essay in celebrating the Mary Rohrscheib Teaching Scholarship or in recognizing the contributions of special teacher featured in the essay.
To apply, fill out the application form below and upload your resume, transcript, and essay, preferably as a PDF.
Mary passed away on April 22, 2020. For 2020, the scholarship application deadline is July 15. Winners will be announced on July 22nd, which would be her 85th birthday. In subsequent years, the scholarship deadline will be April 30th, with winners announced on or before May 31st.